Sunday, February 21, 2010

Andong and Uljin


This is a museum of the day that Queen Elizabeth II came to visit. I thought it was quite funny. For example, this was a shovel that she used. For what... I don't really know. I guess I should have read the description. They also had a chair she sat in, the places she visited, and etc. We were quite amused!

It was the first time a Queen of England had visited S Korea.







Me, Sang-Mi, Steve are at the beach.






Here is inside one of the traditional houses, where people still live.








A view from our hotel!









Welcome to Andong (the city I was born in)!







Sitting inside a traditional room!









A satellite dish... they may live in traditional houses, but still watch T.V.









Hello! I am peeking out a rooftop made of straw.








Mmmmmm! Delicious! Jjim dak! It is famous in the city of Andong.







In our hotel room.









Beach.. the city was called Uljjin














2 comments:

  1. How cool that you got to visit your birthplace! The picture of you on the rock at the beach is sooooo cool! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics, thanks for posting! :)

    ReplyDelete